Vocabulary revision game
I have been teaching in Brazil for almost two years and I absolutely love what I do. Throughout these 19 months I have tried some activities with my groups, some were not very successful, but others worked out really well.
This is a revision activity.
- Take the letters from the game of SCRABBLE, and use them for a new activity.
- You can divide the class into groups, or make it an individual quiz. Personally, I need to make it individual as my classes are small.
- Then, give around 15 letters to each group or student
- Give each group eight minutes to try and make as many words as possible, but they also need to explain to the class the meaning of each word he makes up, which can be by giving opposites or synonyms.
- Every correct word can be worth one point, and every correct explanation can also be another point.
This activity has always helped my students to remember words that they have not used for a while, as well as allowing peer teaching.