Unit 60 - Used to
Used to is used for a past habit that doesn't happen anymore.
- I used to play soccer at weekends. (But not now)
- He used to get up at 5.30, but now he gets up at 8.00.
Used to is also used for past situations and facts.
- People used to think the world was square.
- He used to be a film director.
Used to is used only in the past simple.
- We used to work together. OK
- We use to work together. Incorrect
Used to can be used in questions and negatives like any other verb.
- I didn't use to exercise regularly.
- Did you use to work here?
Note that the use of did and the base verb use (without a "d" at the end) is the same as normal question and negative formation.
Used to / be used to
Used to is a completely different structure from be used to. Used to is for past habit, be used to means to get accustomed to something.