TOEIC - Error recognition Test 3
In this section you will find a number of tests based on the fifth part of the Test Of English for International Communication.
For each question you will see an incomplete sentence. Four words or phrases, marked A-D are given beneath each sentence. You are to choose the one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
Click on the 'View Answers' tab to see the correct answers.
Choose the word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
C. be prevented
D. steadily changing
2. Raindrops falling on the ocean reduce the number of breaking waves, thereby calming roughness water.
3. The codfish lays million of eggs each year, only a small percentage of which actually hatch.
D. of which
4. Booker T. Washington, head of the first industrial school forfrican Americans, was as popular with Southerners than he was with Northerners.
C. popular with
D. than he
5. Peacocks are among the most exotic birds in nature; its long tail feathers fan out to reveal a profusion of vivid colors.
B. most exotic
D. fan out
7. Social stratification can based on many criteria, such as wealth, cultural level, legal status, birth, personal qualities, and ideology.
C. such as
8. Early in United States history, the rights of woman were championed in Wyoming, the state where they were first guaranteed the right to vote.
D. were first guaranteed
9. Only after Theodore Roosevelt became president did conservation developed into a major environmental issue in the United States.
10. Lecithin's and other phospholipids play membranes key roles the structure of cell
D. roles the