TOEIC - Error recognition Test 9
In this section you will find a number of tests based on the fifth part of the Test Of English for International Communication.
For each question you will see an incomplete sentence. Four words or phrases, marked A-D are given beneath each sentence. You are to choose the one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
Click on the 'View Answers' tab to see the correct answers.
Choose the word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
2. Unlike most liquids, which contract when they solidify, water expands by nine percentage when it freezes.
3. For make its nest, the yellow-headed blackbird weaves a small cup and fastens it to reeds above water.
4. Mormon leaderrigham Young was too brilliant and strong-willed that he was able to organize the most remarkable religious migration in the annals of merican history.
B. able to organize
5. Organisms and their cells live by maintaining a constant exchange of elemental, ions, minerals, and gases.
C. of elemental
D. to experience
7. The discovering of quarks, minute particles of matter, has led to a new age in particle physics.
C. led to
8. Neither oil drilling or gas exploration can be prevented from steadily changing the face of therctic.
C. be prevented
D. steadily changing
C. out essential
10. The discovered of gold inalifornia in 1848 led to the Gold Rush of 1849.
C. led to