- When was the last time you went to the beach? Where did you go?
- What do people do at the beach?
- Can you swim? When did you learn to swim? Who taught you to swim?
- Have you ever been night-swimming?
- Are there any problems with jellyfish, sharks or stonefish at your local beach?
- Have you ever played sports on the beach? Which sports? How are they different from non-beach versions of the sport?
Have you ever collected seashells?
- Can you describe a shell that you have collected?
- What did you do with the shells that you collected?
- What sort of animals live at the beach?
Have you ever been fishing on the beach?
- What did you catch?
- What did you use as bait?
What is the "tide"?
- Why is there a tide?
- What is a "rip tide"?
- Have you ever been on a sail boat or a row boat?
- Have you ever used a surf board or body board?
- Do you like to sunbake?
- Do you think sunblock is important?
- Have you ever been to a famous beach?
- What do you wear to the beach?
- How do you keep your wallet safe while you are swimming?
- Is erosion a problem at your local beach?
- Is pollution a problem at your local beach?
- Should people be able to own a beach or part of a beach?
- Why is beachfront land so expensive? Why do so many people want to live there?
- Do you prefer a calm sea or do you prefer big waves?
Should dogs be allowed on the beach?
Should dogs have to wear leashes at the beach?
- Should cars be allowed on the beach?
- What do you think of people who swim in the nude?
- Is there a nude beach near where you live?
- Have you ever gone to a nude beach?
- What do you think of topless swimming?