1. What is the most dangerous thing in your home? How can it be made less dangerous?
2. What is the most dangerous thing in your home for a child? How can it be made less dangerous?
3. What is the most dangerous thing in your home for an elderly person? How can it be made less dangerous?
4. What dangers can be found in the kitchen that can cause accidents?
5. What can be done to prevent kitchen accidents?
6. What can a parent do to childproof a kitchen?
7. What dangers can be found in bathrooms that can cause accidents?
8. What can be done to prevent bathroom accidents?
9. What can a parent do to childproof a bathroom?
10. What dangers can be found outside the home in the yard that can cause accidents?
11. What can be done to prevent yard accidents?
12. What can a parent do to childproof the yard?
13. What other dangers can be found in a home in bedrooms, laundry rooms, garages, and living areas?
14. What can be done throughout the house to prevent accidents?
15. What can a parent do to childproof the different rooms of the home?
16. Where at home would you put your first aid kit?
- What would you have in it?
17. Where are these items found in a house, why could they be dangerous, to whom could they be dangerous, and what could someone do to lessen the danger they present?
- hot pan/pot
- hot curling iron
- natural gas
- yard tools
- cellar /attic
- bad dog
- tall pieces of furniture
- swing set / playground
- very clean glass sliding door
- electronic equipment
- cleaning supplies
- lake/retention pond
- loose carpet on slippery tile floor
- glass table or sharp edged table
18. What do you need to do if...
- you cut your finger preparing food?
- you fall down and can not move a limb?
- your child drinks a poisonous liquid? (discuss syrup of ipecac)
- the toilet is flooding the bathroom?
- a pan on the stove is on fire?
- a neighborneighbor's dog is growling at you?
- our child falls off a chair and is bleeding?